Live video update on Mara & Sanctuary life with Kat, Scott, Lady & brief cameos from Maia and Bugsy (the dog).
Mara’s trip is temporarily on hold. It has become clear that the safest option is to postpone Mara’s trip for a short while until things settle down.
Like many other countries around the world, Argentina & Brazil are both under varying degrees of “Stay at Home” orders and the border between the two countries is temporarily closed.
Argentina’s guidelines are very strict, and although we are in full agreement with them, it could serve to compromise the relocation. We also want to ensure we have our normal police escort, to avoid delays and issues between states as well as keep the transport team safe & healthy. Unfortunately and understandably, that was not possible if we stuck with the original schedule.
We are looking at all of the factors and hoping to bring her as soon as possible. Mara is still in quarantine and undergoing the appropriate treatments and testing, so she will not have to start over again. April is still an option, but things around the world are changing rapidly, so we cannot be sure at this point. We will continue to keep everyone posted as decisions are made.
Everybody involved is doing their best and hopeful that Mara’s relocation will occur soon. Mara continues to do well and her caregivers are continuing to love on her. We want to make it very clear that, even as her move is delayed, getting her safely to the sanctuary, and to Rana, Lady, and Maia, remains a top priority.
More details on the Live video, which comes with footage of Lady snacking and visiting multiple mud wallows.